Friday 29 December 2017

Tattered Christmas

I used some more new goodies on today's cards...a set of Tim Holtz stamps (for Stampers Anonymous) called 'Tattered Christmas'. I used three of the larger stamps, along with a coordinating sentiment, for the main focus of each card, and some of the smaller images in the set to make my own background 'papers'. I stamped the background images in white pigment ink on to plain coloured card, then heat embossed them using clear embossing powder to give a slightly faded look. I coloured the larger images using watercolour pencils, then distressed all of the edges a little before adding some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and black and white gel pens.




Challenges for these cards:


8 comments:

  1. Great images, great cards and love the way you've done the backgrounds. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three gorgeous cards with beautiful background.
    Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week.
    Happy New Year hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new stamps look great as well as your cards too!
    Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever way to to the backgrounds and I love the colours:) thanks for visiting my blog. I haven't been very active in the last few weeks, due to an illness in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really fun cards!

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous images and excellent framing. I always mean to do sewing but rarely do. Perhaps this will prompt me.
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! Love all of the sweet images you used! Fabulous backgrounds too!!

    Happy New Year!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elles sont vraiment jolie ces carte Helen, adorable touche vintage, merci de jouer avec nous chez CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x